So, class, what is Geo-Fencing?
Geo-Fencing is a location-based service that defines a geographic area – AKA, a ‘fenced in area’ – which will automatically notify someone with an app that has it that they are within that area. This can be used to send users of these apps messages, from anything like greetings and requests for opinions to promotional codes that can be used at the location they’re near.
How will Geo-Fencing benefit you?
- Once your subscribed users enter a geo-fenced area, a push notification is sent to their phones.
- Special offers get sent to customers within a certain radius by businesses using Geo-Fencing
- In a 2013 study by comScore, 47% of shoppers said they’d be more likely to shop with a retailer if they offered specials that went to their smartphones when they were nearby.
How will Geo-Fencing benefit your customers?
- Geo-fencing provides an immediate response when customers are in the area of the shop, helping them find a specific product they’re looking for.
- Customers are more likely to shop with a retailer if they are nearby, especially once they’ve been made aware of their presence or special deals.
- Current customers can opt-in to receive push notifications and always stay informed of business sales and events.
Geo-fencing is a great tool for both the company, by driving business into the location it’s based around and giving rewards to returning customers, and for the customer, in helping them learn about sales and know that their business is appreciated.